Bluetooth, like WiFi and other high frequency signals, has a harder time traveling through metal objects than plastics and composites, such as fiberglass or wood. You might see a decrease in effective range on larger metal vessels.
Articles in this section
- How does CrewWatcher compare to other smartphone solutions?
- What is the influence of the vessels building material?
- What technology are you using?
- Can a user check the beacon’s battery status?
- How long does the battery last?
- How does the rescue guidance work?
- What triggers the alarm?
- Does CrewWatcher require cellular or WiFi service?
- Where is the best place to keep the monitoring phone/tablet?
- How does CrewWatcher compare to AIS beacons?